We took the kids to Stillwater for their first EVER football game! One of the first things we did when we moved back to Oklahoma was to look into season tickets. We realized we could transfer the amount we were paying in Cinco Ranch Homeowners fees to four football season tickets. What a great trade! We thought OSU v. Troy would be a good game for the kids because it would an easy win, and we wouldn't miss anything when we left early. (This was a false assumption on our part, but we'll get to that in a minute.)
Aaron and I were so excited to share a Game Day with the kids. As we walked through campus, we tried to explain to Camden that when he gets older (really, really big!) he can go to school here. We showed him the dorms (where Pistol Pete lives), the library, and the student union. It's never too early to start the brainwashing, right?
I think she likes it!These were Camden's first steps on campus three years ago...
so incredibly sweet.
Notice they are wearing the same shirt. (I obviously had to add rhinestones to it for Caroline.)
Now look at my babies together...
so incredibly sweet.Notice they are wearing the same shirt. (I obviously had to add rhinestones to it for Caroline.)
Now look at my babies together...
Exploring the campus
( a.k.a trying to burn off some energy so they will sit in their seat at the game.)
Camden LOVED the library lawn. He ran all the way from the library to the student union.I was going to call the trip successful if we made it through the first quarter. I was a little concerned that Camden would be overwhelmed with the band, cannon, thousands of people, etc. so I prepared him throughout the day by reminding him the game was going to have lots of people, and it was going to be a 'little' loud, but it was still going to be fun. He kept on asking how loud it was going to be, and I reminded him that it was a 'little' loud.

He did GREAT! I really could not have been prouder of him. He sat in his seat, stood up with dad, and cheered for the team. He kept his eye out on Pistol Pete the whole time and was obsessed with the cannon! He even told the people in front of us that 'it's okay... it's just a little loud!"
What was the Little Miss doing?

She was content hanging out in her Boba Carrier for the first quarter. During the second quarter, she got a little restless (have I mentioned that the game didn't even start until 6pm!?!)
She decided she wanted to be a big girl and sit like the rest of us.
In the middle of the second quarter, she decided that she was done with the game, so I took her walking through campus. Our plan was to happily leave at halftime, BUT Aaron didn't anticipate us not playing well. We still had to leave, but it was not 'happily' if you know what I mean. It didn't help that we couldn't get the game on the radio station for some reason. Poor Aaron. We ended up winning (barely). We were thinking of taking the kids to the Baylor game because it may be another 'easy' win, but we may be jinxing the team with our over-confidence. Whether the kids come to another game or not, the brainwashing will continue because we are introducing them to the walkaround in just a few weeks! Go Pokes!






1 comment:
SUCH good pics!!
Post a Comment