Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Little Man is Two Years Old!

My sweet angel turned TWO on Halloween. How can he be that big? He's still a baby to me, and I plan on thinking that way until he hits middle school. Updates on what the McDs have been up to lately will come later in the week because this post is dedicated to my Little Man.



Nicknames?
Mr. Bubs, Bubby, Cam, Tootie, Roo, Cammy-Roo,

Favorite Saying?
He likes to climb on something he's not supposed to, lift his arms way in the air, and shout out "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!" It's mostly inaudible, but his mom and dad know what he's saying.

Favorite Food?
Chick-Fil-A Chicken nuggets and fries. He starts hopping up and down when he realizes we're going in. I'm trying not to go there too often, but Angela keeps asking me to go after we work out, and you can't deny a pregnant girl her chicken nuggets, right? :-)

Favorite Drink?
Milk and Juice...If you ever give him any, ask him to do the Milk dance. Yes, we are bad parents who make our child dance for his milk... but it is so darn cute!

Favorite Toys?
Buzz Lightyear, Woody, 'Roar' the dinosaur, Diego, and his tools.
Buzz and I have a love/hate relationship. The first Buzz was a big plastic one that made noise when the Little Man pushed his buttons. This was fine until Camden was asleep and somehow rolled onto Buzz and pressed a button. I heard Buzz shout "I AM BUZZ LIGHTYEAR AND ADVENTURE IS MY MIDDLE NAME!" Buzz broke the cardinal rule at the McD house by waking up a sleeping Camden, and he's lucky he's still around. Buzz didn't sleep with the Little Man after that. For Camden's birthday, we got him a stuffed Buzz. Problem solved.

Favorite Song?
"The Raindrops Song" because he gets to stick out his tongue while we sing it. I was trying to find the lyrics to link it to this post, but instead I came across a video of Lisa Loeb singing the song. I totally dig her, so I had to include the link. I also saw that she has her own children's CD, double bonus!

Favorite Movie?
Toy Story 2! He will watch either Toy Story movies, but he loves the first scene of Toy Story 2 when Buzz battles Zurg in the video game. You know when he's gotten to that part because he shouts "BUUUUZZZ! BUZZ BUZZ! MOM BUZZ!" We limit the movie to once a week because the obsession is a little out of control.


Favorite Book?

This was one of my favorite books, and now it's one of Camden's favorites. Aaron can do a serious Bear imitation as it tromps through the forest "Boom! Boom! Boom!" Our board book copy has just about had it. I also love the Christmas Little Mouse book, but I'm not breaking that out until next month.



Favorite Pastimes?


  1. Cuddling together on the couch

  2. Going on bike rides or walks with Dad

  3. Wrestling with Gracie dog

  4. sitting in his playhouse with mom or dad

  5. Shouting "Boo!" to random people and dogs

  6. 'helping' mom with laundry, sweeping, and putting away the dishes

  7. 'helping' dad with mowing, hammering, drilling, and disciplining Gracie

  8. putting anything into his mouth that's not supposed to be there... lotion, shampoo, antibacterial soap, windex, butt paste, toothpaste, etc.

Mom and Dad's favorite things about Camden right now?


  1. His soft little hand in mine as he tries to guide me to whatever he wants

  2. His laugh... it's infectious

  3. His dancing...we're not quite sure if Little Man is going to have rhythm, but he loves to dance. He can even break dance now by crawling on the ground in circles.

  4. The other night after we put him to bed, we heard through the monitor "OOOOO..SSSS...UUUU... POKES!" That's our son!

  5. He cheers with Aaron while they watch college football together.

  6. The other day at Chick-Fil-A, Miss Paytie hurt herself on the playground and burst into tears. Camden walked over to her and started rubbing and patting her back. My heart melted!

  7. When we leave the house the Little Man walks over to Gracie, kisses her, and says 'Buy Geece!"
To my sweet baby- You are absolutely the cutest and sweetest thing ever! Gracie, Dada, and I love you to the moon and back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just want you to know that i sat in class shaking because for obvious reasons i couldn't laugh out loud (you know, like aaron does...minus the nose flairing.) i'm sure the guest speaker thought i had problems.

Anonymous said...

Love it. I have lost your email - if you could email me....You should see Kathryn, she's getting SO big. I can't believe Camden is 2! where did the time go??

Jennifer said...

I love your bloG! You are so creative! Do you give blogging lessons? :) The Cam Man is adorable as always! Happy 2 years buddy!